Saturday, September 21, 2013

criticized



     We don’t want to do nothing, say nothing or be nothing because we don’t want to be criticized.

     What am I doing?

     That is a question that constantly haunts my studio. Especially when I’m working on a modernist painting and there is no one available to give me answers. I look around and realize that I’m in a zone that makes me feel like an outcast.

     I work as a full time artist and I do my creative job completely different from everyone else. The norm is that society will do everything to make us conform to the rules, but that’s contrary to the mold that I fit in. The reason I act the way I do is because my art needs to depend on me, to be true to myself and choose to do things differently. I’m not saying that my approach is better than any other way, but I’m just simply sharing how invaluable it is to be different.

No comments: